You might have great plans to execute the journey in the best possible way. The travel insurance will cover the trip cancellation expenses as well. Due to unforeseen circumstances, you might want to cancel the trip and the loss is covered by the travel insurance. The other factors which are covered by the travel insurance include loss of baggage, and missing the flight. The travel insurance can be bought by an individual, family or a group. It is different from the Student travel insurance.
Features of student travel insurance plan
As a student in a new country, you will go through great excitement. It is a great opportunity to learn new skills, specialized education and you will explore new places. There are many differences in food, climate, and culture. The Student Travel Insurance will help you overcome many challenges. A comprehensive insurance plan is a great companion to overcome various kinds of travel-related issues.
• Student travel insurance supports and covers students when they go abroad
• Offers emergency medical assistance
• Loss of passport
• Compensation for loss of baggage or baggage delay
• Covers medical expenses including the cost of evacuation/repatriation
• Emergency dental treatment
• Tuition fee payment (if the study is interrupted due to hospitalization)
• Reimbursement of tuition fee (if the student is compelled to discontinue studies due to illness or death of family member)
• Sponsoring of tickets
• Stay with one family member when the student requires hospitalization for more than 7 days.
• If the sponsor dies in the middle of the course, the remaining tuition fee will be paid by the insurance company
Features of travel insurance
A Travel Insurance plan will cover the following risks:
• Medical expenses (including the cost of evacuation and repatriation)
• Emergency dental treatment
• Trip cancellation or interruption
• Loss of baggage and personal belongings
• Flight insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment
• Collision damage waiver
• Cancellation of trip due to weather conditions or travel advisory
• Sports coverage
• Hotline assistance on 24/7 basis
Focus on the study – The student travel insurance will focus on all issues that will affect the student’s health, study and travel. Various factors are addressed in the insurance policy so that the student will be able to continue his studies without any issues. On the other hand, the travel insurance is concerned about the safe journey, accommodation and activities that are part of the journey. The travel insurance will deal with personal or official trip.
Single or multi-trip – The travel insurance is offered as a single or multi-trip cover. If you are planning more than one destination, you can include all the destinations in the travel insurance plan. On the other hand, you can extend the travel plan beyond 30 days as per your needs. The student insurance will cover issues that are present in the homeland as well as abroad. The issues that interrupt the studies of the student will also be covered by the plan. The duration of the student travel insurance can be up to 2 years.
Medical test – There is no requirement of medical tests before issuing travel insurance. If you are flying to some countries, you will want to go through the recommended medical tests and vaccinations. The pre-existing conditions are not covered by either travel insurance or student travel insurance. You can include pre-existing conditions by opting for an additional premium.
Tips to buy the travel insurance
• The travel insurance should cover the trip expenses.
• You should understand the coverage and limits so that there will not be any confusion at a later stage.
• Costly items such as jewelry and laptops can be covered by going for additional riders
• The claim filing procedure should be simple and you should have access to the toll-free number
Tips to buy the student travel insurance
• The insurance plan should cover the break in studies due to various reasons including the death of sponsor, death of close family member
• It should cover the personal liabilities. The loss of expensive items will be recovered with the insurance premium
• When you fall sick, you should have access to medical treatment. The insurance company should help you file the claim very easily so that you will get financial assistance to continue your studies without any issues.
Travel insurance deals with all the travel-related issues. If you are travelling aboard as a student to study a course, you will want to buy a student travel insurance as it will cover all kinds of risks associated with your studies. A leisure or business traveler should buy travel insurance to cover unwanted surprises during the trip. There will be great peace of mind when your risks are covered by a proper insurance plan.
For more info and news visit PolicyBazaar Facebook