Traveling is an exciting experience when you are going on a vacation and even if it is a business trip. Each and every detail of the trip is meticulously planned, right from the stay to the flight bookings. The itinerary is planned with extensive research and study to gain the most out of the trip. But what about the risks associated with travel? It is one aspect which often goes unattended for even the most exhaustively planned trips. Travel insurance is essential as it provides cover against risks such as flight delays, flight cancellations, loss of baggage or passport, accident, medical emergencies and much more.
Hence, travel experts and successful travel bloggers recommend that you should buy travel insurance online, but not just any travel insurance. The travel insurance plan must be carefully chosen and compared to all the other plans available.
While opting for a travel insurance plan, it is vital that you consider the plan that meets your requirement while not burning a hole in the pocket. We bring you the best 5 travel insurance plans for 2018 that should not be missed when you buy travel insurance online.
- HDFC Ergo
HDFC Ergo travel insurance plans offer wide geographic coverage and an exhaustive list of inclusion. This list helps you understand the various risks and incidents for which the plan provides cover. While the process of purchasing this policy is fairly simple, do study the policy terms and make sure you enter all correct information so as to avoid any difficulties in case of an emergency.
The policy provides cover in case of:
- Medical Emergencies: The policy covers your medical expenses incurred while traveling which include inpatient, outpatient care, diagnostic tests, medical aid etc.
- Personal Accidents: In case of accidental death or disability, the policy covers medical expenses incurred.
- Delays in Flight: In an event of delay in flight for 6 hours or more, the expenses incurred in order to procure meals and refreshments can be claimed for reimbursement.
- Delayed checked baggage: The reasonable expenses incurred to purchase toiletries, clothes, and medication when the baggage is delayed for 12 hours or more are covered under the insurance plan.
- Loss of Baggage: The plan also covers incidents such as loss of baggage or important documents such as the passport.
Last but not the least, the HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance plan also includes personal liability, an important cover in case you are traveling with kids.
You may like to read : The Significance of Domestic Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA
Bharti AXA offers two major travel insurance plans: individual/family travel insurance plan and student insurance plan. The plans cover critical travel risks and the process to buy travel insurance online is swift and easy. The various aspects covered by the plans are:
● Medical Emergencies
● Personal Accident or Injury
● Daily Cash Allowance
● Loss of essentials
● Legal Expenses
● Cancellation or Delay of Trip
● Emergency Distress
● Hijacked Flight
● Home and Fire Insurance
- TATA AIG
TATA AIG Insurance offers extensive coverage and protection in emergencies. The insured stays protected at each and every step of the trip. The company offers 4 travel insurance plans:
- Travel Guard Plan
- Asia Travel Guard Plan
- Domestic Travel Guard Plan
- Student Guard Plan
The company provides compensation in case:
● there is a burglary in your home while you are traveling.
● your passport is lost or damaged during the trip.
● your flight is hijacked by terrorists.
● the flight is delayed for 12 hours or more due to a covered hazard.
● there are any unauthorized transactions on your lost card
● the hotel or airline bookings are canceled by the proprietor.
● the checked in baggage is lost by the airline.
● your baggage is delayed or even misdirected.
● any fresh booking needs to be made if the connecting or departing flight is canceled.
● of property damage.
● there is trip interruption or cancellation.
- Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz offers a variety of travel insurance products which are designed to meet the specific needs of the different set of customers from all walks of life. Their travel insurance plan range from Individual Travel Insurance Plan, Family Travel Insurance Plan, Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Plan, Student Travel Insurance Plan, Corporate Travel Insurance Plan, Travel Asia Plan and Bharat Bhraman Plan which is their domestic travel insurance plan.
Bajaj Allianz insists on quick disbursement of claims by the insured. The plans include essential travel risks and expenses associated with hospitalization, loss of baggage, cancellation of trip, interruption or curtailment of the trip. In addition to these, the plan also provides cover in case there is a burglary in your home while you are traveling.
Also, as part of the Travel Ezee service provided by the company, the customer is notified of any flight changes and payout eligibility. Here the process is initiated by the company automatically to settle the claim.
- Apollo Munich
Apollo Munich easy travel insurance plan offers travel insurance plan that covers risks of theft, illness and other various unprecedented risks you may face while traveling. The plan has five variants: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Asian Region. The sum insured in these variants range from a minimum of 25,000 USD to a maximum of 5,00,000 USD. Anyone between the age of 6 months and 70 years can be insured under the plan with a travel duration of up to 180 days.
These are the plan benefits for the Apollo Munich easy travel insurance plan which you should consider when deciding to buy travel insurance online:
● Medical treatment, expenses for hospitalization, emergency evacuation and even dental care required in case of an accident.
● The plan covers costs for repatriation of mortal remains to the home country or the final rites in the foreign country.
● Daily allowance for every 24 hours of hospitalization.
● Cover for a personal accident resulting in death or disability.
● In case of loss or delay of checked baggage by the carrier and expenses incurred in case of loss of passport.
● In addition to these benefits, the plan covers incidents such as hijacked flight, canceled or curtailed trip, missed connecting or cancellation of flights, personal liability etc.
With a plethora of options available today, it is smart to compare and study the best plans available before you buy travel insurance online. A carefully chosen travel insurance plan can save the day and ensure a smooth journey.
For more details check PolicyBazaar Customer Reviews